Second, the Eisner noms were announced--I'm a little late with this, but the winners won't be announced until July. Here are the kids and teens nominations (Bold titles are also on the 2010 GGNFT list):
Best Publication for Kids
- Lunch Lady and the Cyborg Substitute, by Jarrett J. Krosoczeka (Knopf)
- The Secret Science Alliance and the Copycat Crook, by Eleanor Davis (Bloomsbury)
- Tiny Tyrant vol. 1: The Ethelbertosaurus, by Lewis Trondheim and Fabrice Parme (First Second)
- The TOON Treasury of Classic Children's Comics, edited by Art Spiegelman and Francoise Mouly (Abrams ComicArts/Toon)
- The Wonderful Wizard of Oz hc, by L. Frank Baum, Eric Shanower, and Skottie Young (Marvel)
- Angora Napkin, by Troy Little (IDW)
- Beasts of Burden, by Evan Dorkin and Jill Thompson (Dark Horse)
- A Family Secret, by Eric Heuvel (Farrar Straus Giroux/Anne Frank House)
- Far Arden, by Kevin Cannon (Top Shelf)
- I Kill Giants tpb, by Joe Kelly and JM Ken Niimura (Image)
Elsewhere on the lists, BOOM! studio's The Muppets got a shout-out, as did a few others from the GGNFT list: Pluto, Bayou, the Color Trilogy. My mommy is in America and she met Buffalo Bill seemed to appear in half the categories. I know it sounds like a kid's book, but the reviews all say, "Do not be fooled by the 5-year-old narrator! This is not a child's book!"
So there are some new-to-me titles on the list that I'll be investigating, et tu? Perhaps you would like to nominate some for the 2011 GGNFT list? Pretty please?